Minutes 8th April 2021
Minutes of Baston Parish Council Meeting held on 8th April 2021
Present: Cllrs Plant, Morgan, Kelly. Andy Halfide, District Cllrs K Cooke and R Trollope-bellew
- Public Forum – None.
- Opening of Meeting – David Plant Vice Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.
- Apologies for absence & reasons given – Cllrs Easey and Moss.
- Declaration of interest - (Cllrs are reminded of their obligation under the Code of Conduct pecuniary Interest) – None.
- Co-option of Councillor(s) – no new interest at this moment in time.
- To agree Minutes of the last meeting held on 11th March 2021 – Cllr Kelly proposed minutes reflected a true and accurate record of meeting, seconded Cllr Plant.
- Clerk’s report on matters outstanding – None.
- Planning applications received since last meeting – None.
- Finance - Reports on balances to date – Income and Expenditure report circulated prior to meeting.
Payments to be approved - Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk, 346.63 SO, S Holmshaw
CC 34.88, LALC Affiliation fee 385.73, One Sports Pitches (grasscutting) 160.00.
- Highways – Cllr Halfide who is standing as LCC candidate for our area very keen to understand what issues we have to (if successful) take forward. Issues raised Footpath from Langtoft through to Thurlby, Road Safety (speed cameras).
- Grasscutting – One Sports Pitches carried out first cut – 2 cuts a month. Concern expressed as some areas not cut – Cllr Plant will look at plan to establish exactly what areas Parish Council are responsible for.
- Baston Naturehood – mentioned in various newspapers, make sure we have a contingency fund, spend wisely.
- Village Concerns
83 Main Street car parked – hard standing behind house, letter required asking resident to park on allocated area.
Overgrown hedge has been cut (house that got on fire) getting contractor to do the works.
- Street Furniture – Refurbished Noticeboard – Clerk advised Contractor hopes to re site by end of April. Question raised re Community Noticeboard – Clerk to check asset register to see who owns (believe Parish Council) if so discussion on whether this one needs to be refurbished.
- Allotments – all allotments now taken. Waiting list of three.
- Correspondence – all circulated - Police Report/Dog Thefts/Support Police Campaign
- Reports from Outside Bodies (max 5 mins):
County Councillor, District Councillors
Update re elections etc from District Cllr K Cooke.
BPFMC Representative – no update.
South Lincs Fenland Partnership representative – no update.
- To agree items for the press release
- Any Other Business – items to be placed onto next month’s (May 2021) agenda.
- Date of the next meeting(s): Annual Parish Council Meeting, Thursday 20th May at The Barn at 7.30 p.m. followed by normal Parish Council Meeting. Annual Parish Meeting will be held on Thursday 27th May at The Barn commencing at 7.30 p.m.
The meeting closed at 8.43 pm.