Minutes 9th July 2020

2020-07-09 Minutes
Minutes of the meeting of Baston Parish Council held in The Barn on Thursday 9th July 2020
Present Cllrs:  A Hutchins, B Easey, P Fidler, J Kelly, D Moss, D Plant, D Morgan.  Parish Clerk Wendy Gray.
Members of the public: Mr Terry Palmer.
49/20 Chairman’s Remarks – None.
50/20 Disclosure of Interests – None.
51/20 Co-option of Councillor(s) – Mr Terry Palmer had expressed an interest in joining the Parish Council prior to the lockdown.  Mr Palmer (prior to moving to the village) has in areas he has previously lived in been a Parish Councillor.
Cllr Kelly proposed, seconded Cllr Fidler, all remaining Cllrs in agreement that Mr Palmer be co-opted as a member of Baston Parish Council.  The Parish Clerk supplied the relevant paperwork to be completed by Mr Palmer.
52/20 Minutes of the last meeting –
It was resolved that the minutes of the last meeting held 11th June 2020 be approved and signed as a true and accurate record.  Proposed Cllr Plant, seconded Cllr Kelly all in agreement.
53/20 Clerks report on matters outstanding –
Parish Clerk emailed Cllr Woolley re yellow lines to see what time scale is.
Overgrown Trees – Maltby Drive – SKDC advised and response sent to resident.
LCC Website training course 29th July 2020.  Cllr Moss interested in helping run/update.
54/20 Planning –
S19/1700 – see previous notes.  “February 2020 S19/1700 – Cllr Hutchins acknowledged receipt of a letter of complaint from Simon Roberts, a neighbour of the Black Horse public house, regarding the noise of children and the height of recreation climbing frames in the Black Horse garden. It was proposed that the four residents most affected should approach the landlord of the Black Horse to resolve the issues and, if they do not obtain satisfaction that they contact the Planning Department to ensure that the 9pm curfew already in placed be respected and seek planning permission to reduce the height of the climbing frames.  Proposed Cllr Hutchins, seconded Cllr Kelly – all in agreement.”
S20/0777 – no objections raised.  Cllr Kelly proposed, seconded Cllr Plant, all in agreement.
55/20 Finance –
    a) Ratification of all decisions made remotely during April, May and June:
Minutes of meetings - signed as a true and accurate record.  Cllr Hutchins proposed, seconded Cllr Fidler, all in agreement.
    b) Payments to be made:
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk – July £346.63 via SO
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk Expenses - £105.07
Community Cleaner – June 2020 - £65.68
BDG Mowing – June £840.00
Cllr Fidler proposed payments were made, seconded Cllr Plant, all in agreement.  
56/20 Highways –
Newsletter – article asking residents to keep hedges cut back from footpaths.
Blocked Drain near hairdressers and where phone box used to be – Main Street.  All drains on Main Street require attention – continually blocked.
Speed Signs – Cllr Morgan will liaise with Cllr Hutchins to get speed signs up and running again.
Traffic volumes Main Street – could a chicane system be installed (Great Casterton an example).   Parish Clerk to ascertain how other Parishes achieved getting systems in place.
Speed Signs on Bins – noted in Tallington – appears to be working – is this something we could do? Parish Clerk explained what happened in Tallington – will get further info.  Cllr Morgan happy to do a leaflet to put through residents doors!
57/20 Grass cutting –
Contractors continue to do a good job.
58/20 Baston Naturehood –
SKDC Grant approved, awaiting monies.  Annabelle setting up some funding through LCC.
59/20 Village Concerns –
Drainage Board – newts found to be in their whole setup.  
Overhanging branches onto Footpaths 16 and 21 Chariots Way – letter to be sent requesting resident to cut back.
Black Bins – now we know where we stand with SKDC – can we get someone to empty these two bins if we purchase?  Parish Clerk to check with D Knibbs to see if he is willing to empty each week etc.
60/20 Street Furniture –
Noticeboards - David is looking at sorting July/August.
61/20 Allotments –
Plots 4a/4b in a mess.  Plot 9 given up.  Request for D Knibbs to tidy up.
62/20 Correspondence –
Boston Bulbs Wholesale – if interested call 07796 132148
63/20 Reports from Outside Bodies –
District and County Cllrs – No Report
BPFMC – Play area re-opened. PPE signs put up.
Neighbourhood Panel – No Report
South Lincs Fenland Partnership – No Report
64/20 To agree items for the press release –
Overgrown Vegetation (Footpaths)
65/20 Any Other Business –
Speed Signs – Cllr Plant ready to move on with this.  Agenda item for next meeting.
Date of next meeting – 10th September 2020 commencing at 8 pm. (no meeting during August).