Minutes 11th July 2019

2019-07-11 Minutes
Minutes of the meeting of Baston Parish Council held on Thursday 11th July 2019 commencing at 8 pm
Present:    Cllrs:      A Hutchins, P Fidler, L Gilliatt, J Kelly, D Morgan, D Plant        
        District and County Cllr R Trollope-bellew
    
1 member of the public in attendance.
                    
Open Forum – Noise complaints/issues raising head again at Black Horse – multiple breaches of their license and anti-social behavior.  Advised to encourage other neighbours if affected to report – report to Craig Dickinson (Planning) and Rowena Long (Environmental Health) re noise.
81/19 Chairman’s Remarks – Cllr. Hutchins opened meeting.
 
82/19 Apologies for absence & reasons given – Cllr Easey and District Cllr Cooke
 
83/19 Disclosure of Interests – None.
 
84/19 Minutes of the last meeting – It was resolved that the minutes of the last meeting held 13th June 2019 be approved and signed as a true and accurate record.  Proposed Cllr Fidler, seconded Cllr Morgan – (AH/LG/DP) all in favour.  
 
85/19 Clerks report on matters outstanding – all covered in meeting.
 
86/19 Planning – No new applications.
 
87/19 Finance –
 
    a) Report on balances and quarterly update.   Up to date spreadsheet circulated to all Cllrs prior to meeting
    b) Electronic Banking – relevant forms requested – agenda item for next meeting.
    c) Payments to be made:
    i) Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk – July (S/O) - £346.63
    ii) Abbie Burt – Community Cleaner June - £98.52
    iii) BDG Mowing (June) - £320.00
    iv) BPFMC Room Hire - £100.00
    v) P Taylor – Internal Audit/Payroll - £150.00
    vi) Abbie Burt – Community Cleaner June - £123.15 (cheque pre signed re July payment)
It was resolved that items (i) to (vi) be approved for payment.
 
88/19 Unipart Dorman – Speed Sign Repairs – bought from Road Safety Partnership – write to them advising problems with signs – Cllr Trollope-bellew will contribute £200 towards costs, keep as an agenda item.
 
89/19 Old Defibrillator – Advertise on ebay – contact DSN Parish Council (scraping theirs may be interested)?  £350 to £500!
 
90/19 Highways –
New house Church Street – pavement has broken up – AH has reported to highways.
People renting property in Church Street – large vehicles turning up at 6.30 in evening to 6.30 in morning – blocking road.  
Broken down vehicle in Main Street – bawled tyres, suspension snapped – two and half days later still there.
Raised question can we look at traffic calming in terms of chicanes towards the school!  Obviously with breakdown no traffic able to get through – difference in traffic volumes was great.  AH reported – historically PC received section 106 monies – sole purpose was to be spent on road safety in the village – invested money in reactive signs.  K Brumfield looked at problem in detail – lack of funding available.
 
Sign in Main Street to prevent HGV’s coming through (7.5ton restriction) no access allowed onto A15.  DP take on looking to see if anything can be done to resolve issues!  Ask questions of highways in first instance (Rowan Smith) what we can do to help with data and what data would be acceptable.  Cllr R Trollope-bellew will look into setting up a meeting with highways in Thurlby.
 
Church Street pot hole – dealt with.
 
91/19 Grass cutting – another complaint thatched cottage on Main Road opposite Maltby Drive.
 
92/19 Village Concerns – Some parts of the village untidy with overgrown vegetation (Hadrian’s Drive) both sides, street up towards quarry.
16-21 Main Street – Hedgerow.
Mayfield Gardens and Starsmore Field up to Hadrian’s Drive any movement on street signs – email to be re sent to Cllr Trollope-bellew.
 
93/19 Street Furniture – decision made on make and model – where to store, who to fix – where to get rid of old seats?  LG to speak with Steve re fixing new/disposing of old.
Parish Clerk to contact resident to establish whether seat be placed outside cemetery/playing field!
 
94/19 Allotments – all allotments taken.
 
95/19 Correspondence – Thank you received from all the Children, Teachers and PTA at Baston Primary School for donation from the Parish Council towards new Library Bus.
Traveller’s illegal encampments.
Langtoft Festival.
RAF Benevolent Fund.
 
96/19 Reports from Outside Bodies –
District/County Cllr – report given.
Ambulance/Fire/Police all in one place – one of first in country.
Good Offsted Report.
Cutting Verges 3 times instead of 2.  No villages taken up opportunity to cut LCC verges within their parishes.
BPFMC – Cllr. Hutchins reported Baston in the Blitz taking place first weekend in August.
 
Neighbourhood Panel – No meeting.
 
South Lincs – last meeting was cancelled.
 
97/19 To agree items for the press release –
Now that the two new Defibrillators have been installed the Parish Council have agreed that the Defibrillator that was housed on the garage wall will be advertised for sale - anyone interested please contact the Parish Clerk in the first instance.
 
The Parish Council have agreed to look at possible traffic calming solutions.
 
We understand the Church Clock is now fixed and the Parish Council have agreed a contribution to the cost of repair.
 
The Parish Council hope to have the Speed Signs up and running soon.
 
Don't forget Baston in Blitz - 3rd and 4th August.
 
As there is no Parish Council meeting in August - the Parish Council will meet again on Thursday 12th September 2019 commencing at 8 pm.
 
98/19 To resolve whether the Council move into Closed Session – None.
 
99/19 Any Other Business – None.
 
100/19 Date of next meeting – The next meeting of the Parish Council will take place on Thursday 12th September 2019 at The Barn at 8 pm.  The meeting closed at 9.40 pm.
 
Apologies received in advance from Cllr Gilliatt.