Minutes 10th October 2019

2019-10-10 Minutes
Minutes of the meeting of Baston Parish Council held on Thursday 10th October 2019 commencing at 8 pm
Present:    Cllrs:      A Hutchins, B Easey, P Fidler, L Gilliatt, D Morgan        
        District and County Cllr R Trollope-bellew
    
5 members of the public in attendance.
                    
Open Forum – Residents request for Yellow Lining – Parish Council were aware of letter and and would be happy to send a letter to LCC Highways in support.
121/19 Chairman’s Remarks – Cllr Hutchins welcomed everyone to the meeting.
 
122/19 Apologies for absence & reasons given – Parish Cllrs  Kelly and Plant,  District Cllr Cooke
 
123/19 Disclosure of Interests – None.
 
124/19 Co-option of Councillor(s) – Deborah Moss expressed an interest prior to elections but at time was unable to stand due to length of time in the village.  Having now been in the village for just over 12 months is very keen to be involved with events.   Cllr Hutchins proposed, seconded Cllr Morgan that Deborah be co-opted on as a member of the Parish Council, all in agreement.  Parish Clerk provided documentation to be completed to Deborah.
 
125/19 Minutes of the last meeting – It was resolved that the minutes of the last meeting held 12th September 2019 be approved and signed as a true and accurate record.  Proposed Cllr Easey, seconded Cllr Hutchins – (PE/LG/DM abstained).  
 
126/19 Clerks report on matters outstanding – all covered in meeting.
 
127/19 Planning – Applications received since last meeting:
S19/1529 – Response - Following Parish Council meeting last evening further concerns were expressed about possible increase in traffic that may occur - the Parish Council would be grateful if possible volumes in traffic could be investigated before a decision is taken.
S19/1585 – Response – No observations.
S19/1648 – Response – No observations.
 
128/19 Finance –
    a) Report on balances and quarterly update.   Up to date spreadsheet circulated to all Cllrs prior to meeting
    b) Electronic Banking – relevant forms requested – agenda item for next meeting.
    c) Payments to be made:
    i) Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk – October £346.63 (S/O)
    ii) BDG Mowing (Main Street Verges September) - £380.00
    iii) BPFMC Waste Collection - £86.45
    iv) Royal British Legion (Wreaths) – £80.00
It was resolved that items (i) to (iv) be approved for payment.   Cllr Hutchins proposed, seconded Cllr Easey all in agreement.
 
129/19 BPFMC Funding Request (Sports Pitch Grasscutting and Marking)
 
130/19 Community Cleaner Vacancy – no responses to advert, re advertise for a further month.
 
131/19 Old Defibrillator – no responses from Parish Clerk contacts – one Village Hall will be discussing at their meeting at end of month.   Deeping St Nicholas Parish Council – Parish Clerk to contact as they were looking for machine.
 
132/19 Highways –
    • Request for Yellow Lines
    • Street Light out on Brudenell Close – Cllr Gilliatt will make a note of number and pass information to Parish Clerk to report.
    • Tree opposite crossing – highways confirmed not a problem – from motorists point of view is a problem!!
    • Ford KA – with PCSO.
 
133/19 Grass cutting – Touched on subject at last meeting – we are going to have to decide what direction we are going to go for next year.
    • Leave to SKDC/LCC 2to 6 cuts year!
    • Look at what we have been doing this year!
    • Take over all grasscutting – only way of supporting is through the Precept!
THOUGHTS FOR NEXT MEETING.
 
134/19 Village Wild Flower Reservation – SKDC has responsibility for/do not think Main Street would be suitable.  Would need to make sure residents happy with proposal.  Identify exact area on Main Street, get information out to residents on Main Street.  Invite Amanda Jenkins (Wildlife Trust) to February meeting.
 
135/19 Village Concerns – Parking Issues – hoping to get PCSO out to monitor parking – Church Street parking on both sides of the road, at corner half parked on pavement/road.  Cllr Hutchins will check with builders parking on verges with vans.
 
136/19 Street Furniture – still awaiting quote from Steve – Cllr Gilliatt will follow up.  Cllr Easey will also request a quote from Colin Bell.  Silver Jubilee Noticeboard can be cleaned and repainted (do not have to replace).
 
137/19 Allotments – Invoices sent out – 1 still to pay, 1 allotment available.
 
138/19 BT Kiosk 90 Day Consultation – Parish Clerk to contact advising that is used (as can be seen by 4 registered calls) – not everyone has access to mobile phones.
 
139/19 Correspondence – None.
 
140/19 Reports from Outside Bodies –
District and County – Contacted about parking (Car Dyke).  Minerals and Waste Plan – planning process not gone through yet – when planning permission comes up then need to see about highways.  Cllr Trollope-bellew will contact Ashton Estates requesting them to attend a Parish Council meeting.
 
Cllr Cooke now Leader of SKDC, Cllr R Trollope-bellew joined cabinet for Culture.
 
Cllr Fidler expressed thanks from residents from Starsmore Field etc – road signs now placed.
 
BPFMC – Still trying to get quotes to re do driveway.
 
Neighbourhood Panel – No meeting.
 
South Lincs – Fenland Partnership representative
 
141/19 To agree items for the press release –
Planning
BT Kiosk
Defib for sale
Wild Flower Reservation within the village, make village more greener
New Councillor appointed – 3 vacancies remain
 
142/19 To resolve whether the Council move into Closed Session – None.
 
143/19 Any Other Business – None.
 
144/19 Date of next meeting – The next meeting of the Parish Council will take place on Thursday 14th November 2019 at The Barn at 8 pm.  The meeting closed at 9.30 pm.