Minutes 14th June 2018

2018-06-14 Minutes
Minutes of the meeting of Baston Parish Council held on Thursday 14th June 2018 at The Barn @ 20.00hrs.  
Present:    Cllrs:      J Affleck (Chairman)        A Hutchins        
            L Gilliatt            P Fidler    
 
1 member of the public in attendance.
            
The meeting opened at 8 p.m.
        
Open Forum – Travellers – PF recent email to Cllr Trollope-Bellew.
48/18 Chairman’s Remarks – The Chairman welcomed everyone to meeting.
 
49/18 Apologies for absence & reasons given – Cllrs B Easey, J Kelly, P Barnes, District Cllr K Cooke.
 
50/18 Disclosure of Interests – None
 
51/18 Application to become a member of Baston Parish Council – Carol Mackenzie in attendance giving a brief resume of why she would like to join Baston Parish Council and did any of the Cllrs have any questions.   Cllr Hutchins asked why wanted to join Baston Parish Council instead of nearer to home – Carol advised Baston is nearer to her home and she comes through the village all the time.  Cllr Affleck proposed, seconded Cllr Hutchins, all in favour – Carol was asked to join members of the council.
 
52/18 Minutes of the last meeting – It was resolved that the minutes of the last meeting held 10th May 2018 be approved and signed as a true and accurate record.  Proposed Cllr Hutchins seconded Cllr Affleck - PF/LG in favour, 1 abstention.
 
53/18 Clerks report on matters outstanding –
S17/2364 – White Horse – planning permission granted 13th June 2018
S18/0574 - Replacement windows The Old Hall, Church Street – consent granted 8th June 2018
Tree works Thetford Avenue
Section 106 monies – move forward Parish Clerk/Cllr Hutchins
 
54/18 Planning –
S18/1025, 1027 and 1028 – Change of Use of land to domestic gardens – 18/20/22 Colton Close, Baston
Cllr Hutchins proposed, seconded Cllr Affleck, all in favour LG/PF that response to SKDC planning on the above 3 planning applications – Baston Parish Council have no representations to make.  CM absteined.
 
Number of questions re Baston No. 1 Footpath – see content of letter to SKDC CEO below.
“We write with reference to the above - following recent communications from our District Cllr K Cooke, who in turn had received assurances from Planning Officers that the Parish Council would be advised of all developments in respect of re surfacing of the above footpath.
The section we are most concerned about is between Aveland Way and Church Street, where Larkfleet apparently intend to simply surface-dress with gravel, a finish that is not acceptable due to the problems it creates for villagers on mobility scooters, mothers with pushchairs or prams, or even cyclists pushing their bicycles i.e. disability and equality issues.
This doesn't sound like block paving (which we believe was originally agreed) hence our request for a clear interpretation only to find that Planning Officers have agreed without further recourse with the Parish Council.
 We would therefore request that the relevant Planning Officers confirm what has been signed off as a matter of urgency.
 We will be obtaining legal advice with a view to instigating a legal challenge against the Officers if no reply is forthcoming within 7 working days from receipt of this email.”
 
Update on Village Plan – Cllr Fidler had met with Cllr from Carlby who are now at stage of consultation period.  Established that there is lots of work involved and would need to draw in members of the village to assist.
    1. Do we want to create a neighbourhood plan which involves about 2 years work?
    2. Support of Council to do this?
    3. Cllr Trollope-Bellew will ask Officer from SKDC to come along and talk through what needs to be done.
 
55/18 Financial – Approve the Council’s End of Year Accounts
    a) To approve the Annual Governance Statement by resolution
    b) Consider Accounting Statements by members as a whole
    c) Approve Accounting Statements by resolution
    d) On approval Accounting Statement to be signed and dated
55/18 (a) proposed Cllr Affleck, seconded Cllr Hutchins, all in favour.
55/18 (c) Cllr Affleck proposed, seconded Cllr Hutchins, all in favour.
All forms signed and dated.
 
56/18 Finance –
    a) Report on balances and quarterly update – Financial Reports will be emailed to all Cllrs once end of year programme run.
    b) Income received – None.
    c) Payments made:
    i) Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk – June £346.63
    ii) Abbie Burt – Community Cleaner May - £98.91
    iii) BDG Mowing Contractors - Grasscutting  April - £480.00
It was resolved that items (i) to (iii) be approved for payment.
 
St John’s Church would like to install a tap in Churchyard, request for donation towards cost – agenda item for next meeting.
 
57/18 - Highways –
Baston Crossroads east to west – majority of people do not realise that Give Way has a priority over a Stop  - Parish Clerk to contact highways re possibility that both signs are same to avoid confusion.
 
58/18 Village Concerns –
State of road along Aveland Way – if we can take photos and forward to LCC highways and information to be copied into Cllr Trollope-Bellew – Cllr Fidler will provide information.
59/18 Street Furniture – No further update.
 
60/18 Allotments –
Unfortunately one allotment holder has had to give up her allotment (due to ill health) – Parish Clerk has contacted next on list offering allotment available.
 
Response from Mayfield Gardens Allotments re our request if any would be available for anyone outside Mayfield Gardens to use – Mayfield Gardens unable to respond to our request at this time.
 
Sycamore Tree overhanging onto driveway – Parish Clerk to report to relevant authorities.
 
61/18 Correspondence –
Deepings West and Rural
PCSO Community Speedwatch
 
62/18 Reports from Outside Bodies –
County Council –
20mph outside school – reviewing current criteria – Cllr Trollope-Bellew will keep us advised.
Baston School – looking into possible permits i.e. Enforcement Officer to have a word.
 
District Council –
Each Cllr has a Community Fund (£1000) – anyone needs help to contact them.
SKDC Lottery – hoping to go forward in the autumn – monies to go to charities/groups.  
 
BPFMC – Tennis Courts cleaned.  Annual Village Fete very well attended.  Baston in the Blitz 4/5 August.
 
Neighbourhood Panel – no report.
 
South Lincs – no report.
 
63/18 To agree items for the press release – Planning/Footpath(entering dispute with Larkfleet)/date of next meeting.
 
64/18 To resolve whether the Council move into Closed Session – None.
 
65/18 Any Other Business – None.
 
66/18 Date of next meeting – Thursday 12th July 2018 at The Barn at 8 pm.
The meeting closed at 9.45 p.m.