Minutes 14th February 2019

2019-02-14 Minutes
Minutes of the meeting of Baston Parish Council held on Thursday 14th February 2019 at The Barn @ 20.00hrs.  
Present:    Cllrs:      A Hutchins            B Easey            J Kelly        
            J Affleck            P Fidler            L Gilliatt            
    
            PCSO, Cllrs R Trollope-bellew, K Cooke        
 
No members of the public in attendance.
 
PCSO
Have looked at school parking – no cars parked at 8am this morning, footpath clear.  If vehicles blocking driveways PCSO can deal with.  
Questions:
Do you get stats on road accidents in the parish – near the school, King Street Junction?  If non injury details exchanged between two parties not included in stats.  If injury or road furniture damaged is included in the stats.
Parking opposite Church /St John’s close – vehicle had to back out onto main road, motor bikes driving up and down?  Speed Gun training – speed gun collects data, sent to police.
Mayfield Gardens porta cabin – resident noticed people going around back of it, can get to from both sides – has been reported to Larkfleet.
                    
Open Forum – None.
160/18 Chairman’s Remarks – The Chairman welcomed everyone to meeting.  
 
161/18 Apologies for absence & reasons given – Cllr P Barnes.
 
162/18 Disclosure of Interests – None.
 
163/18 Minutes of the last meeting – It was resolved that the minutes of the last meeting held 13th December  2018 be approved and signed as a true and accurate record.  Proposed Cllr Hutchins, seconded Cllr Fidler – JA/BE/JK/LG in favour.
 
164/18 Clerks report on matters outstanding –
Driveway (over culvert) – no updated responses received despite requests – Parish Clerk to request report for next meeting.
S15/0111 Outgang Road – Enforcement confirmed water appears to have been drained off – with Legal Team – Parish Clerk to request report for next meeting.
Letter sent to resident re overgrown vegetation over public footpath on Main Street requesting vegetation is cut back.
S18/2042 – Planning Permission granted.
S18/2305 – Conditions complied 14th February 2018.
 
165/18 Planning –
S19/0119 Removal of side garage and erection of single storey side and rear extension at 5 Thetford Avenue, Baston PE6 9PG
S18/0139 Erection of triple garage at Watersedge, Home Farm, Baston Outgang Road, Baston
Cllr Hutchins proposed, seconded Cllr Affleck that no representations made in respect of above applications, all in agreement.
LCC Planning Services – Help them communicate better with us on planning matters.
South Kesteven District Council – Submission of the South Kesteven Local Plan to the Secretary of State for Examination.
 
166/18 Finance –
    a) Report on balances and quarterly update.
    b) Payments made:
    i) Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk – January/February - £346.63 x 2
    ii) Abbie Burt – Community Cleaner January - £78.30
It was resolved that items (i) to (ii) be approved for payment.
 
Grasscutting – do we let SKDC do for a year?  Look at taking back next year?
 
167/18 – Proposal to acquire new defibrillator cabinet and equipment for the village –
Suggested areas for placing defibs – at school (someone to speak with school), at the Barn or on roadside on fence.
Mayfield Gardens Planning to get CPR training – involve other areas of the village!
 
168/18 Highways –
    • School Parking – request for document.
    • Traffic Lights – people have asked if traffic light situation could be reviewed i.e. getting out of Main Street onto A15 early in the morning (8.30 to 9.30 morning, 4-5 in afternoon).   PC will not pursue unless someone comes up with better scheme.
 
169/18 Village Concerns –
Letter to S Taylor re clarification on bench (playing field area?)
 
170/18 Street Furniture – work in progress.  Cllr Fidler requested info on types/costings for possible benches in Mayfield Gardens.
 
171/18 Allotments – further note to allotment holders re skip i.e. increase in allotment rent to cover cost of skip each year – their comments.
Vacant allotments lot of clearing to be done – 1. Can we get skip and Parish Council clear or 2. Parish Clerk knows local gardener/handyman – ask if would be interested in meeting with Cllr Easey and Hutchins on site and submit quote for works to be done.
 
172/18 Correspondence –
Signage – Mayfield Gardens/Starsmore Field – Cllr Fidler to forward email to Cllr Trollope-bellew.
 
173/18 Reports from Outside Bodies –
County Councillor – looking at possibility of gritting on King Street.  Highways cutting of verges 3 times a year and spraying twice a year to help reduce problems.  Taking ruts out of verges to alleviate water retention.
District Councillor – Cummins – SKDC have exchanged contract on the land.  Empty houses – still have grant that people can request to bring properties into use.  If empty more than10 years (300%) charge on council tax.  Budget meeting in March.  Deepings Literary Festival in May. Ward Member Budget – still have money in £1000 pot.  Problem with Green Bins (website) collection as before.
 
BPFMC – Nothing to report.
 
Neighbourhood Panel – open forum at last meeting lot of problems in Market Deeping with drug users using churchyard to inject (priority).  Neighbourhood Watch update – talk from Phil Dilks re modern slavery.  PCSO now allowed to give speeding tickets.  PCSO continue to visit village re parking issues.
 
South Lincs – nothing to report.
 
174/18 To agree items for the press release –
Planning.
Talking to County County about gritting King Street following accident.
Allotments.
Parish Council Local Elections.
The Parish Council meet again on Thursday 14th March 2018.
 
175/18 To resolve whether the Council move into Closed Session – None.
 
176/18 Any Other Business – Decision re grasscutting.
 
177/18 Date of next meeting – The next meeting of the Parish Council will take place on Thursday 14th March 2018 at The Barn at 8 pm.  The meeting closed at 9.20 p.m.